Sunday, February 1, 2009

4 - Emily Lau - Wedding Inspiration Boards
















This past November, my cousin got married in an elaborate wedding and reception event. She has always wanted the perfect event, and so, of course, her special day was no simple event. During her planning process, she told us about a new tool for "modern brides": inspiration boards. At first, I didn't pay much attention to her wedding talk, but after looking at a few of these so called "inspiration boards," I was intrigued. An inspiration board (also referred to as mood boards or story boards) is a collage of photos that is used to give brides an idea of color motifs and themes that can be used as the general foundation for their wedding. What struck me most about these inspiration boards is that beauty, color, and art have a role in all things in life, even weddings. I have always scoffed at the idea of an elaborate wedding (after all, it is only one day of your life), but it is true that even a wedding can tell a story through color, lighting, design - all visual aesthetics.


These inspiration boards have made me think a lot about a greeting that people sometimes use at the end of greeting cards or Christmas cards: "I wish you beauty in your life." I think that indeed beauty in life is what makes life worthwhile: beauty, of course, comes in many forms from a beautiful family to beautiful dreams and aspirations...to beautiful weddings. With that, I wish you all beauty in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment