Tuesday, April 7, 2009

five or so...


all of the drawings except for two are from class sketches, esp. the one that looks like a few lines, it's three figures, when we did the ten second poses... i'm most proud of my work in class bc i can spend a lot of time perfecting something like the giraffe for myself, but there's something nice in the quick sketches, and the shorter times that forces me to simply do something, draw something and translate what i see or feel onto the page, which is nice, because sometimes thinking too much, like in acting or improv can impact the truth of your work. so i decided to post my personal range of different amounts of time spent on drawing in these images, whether it be twenty seconds, ten minutes or hours outside of class. time definitely impacted how i drew. as a first timer with this rigor of drawing, i learned more from myself in limited time spaces than anything else, and i wanted to display that. --kiana alzate



No comments:

Post a Comment